What you will learn
I do tend to go off track a little during the day and don’t totally stick to the planned schedule as I want to make sure that each person in the room goes away at the end of the day with the knowledge they wanted to learn that will help their business. With this in mind – I do tend to tailor the day a little if that is what my trainees require.
The planned seminar schedule will cover:
>>> 9:00 am to 9:30 am – Welcome drink and networking
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
- Who are you and what do you do?
- What do you need to learn from today’s SEO workshop?
INTRODUCTION TO SEARCH ENGINES
- What exactly are search engines and how do they help us?
- The top three search engine players – Google, Bing & Yahoo
- Search engine’s journey of crawling and indexing
PAID SEARCH TRAFFIC vs ORGANIC SEARCH TRAFFIC
- The difference between paid and organic search
- Pros and cons of paid search
- Pros and cons of organic search
- Which is better – paid or organic search?
>>> 11:00 am to 11:15 am – Refreshment time
SEARCH ENGINE GUIDELINES
- What are search engine guidelines?
- The several types of guidelines you need to consider
- What happens if I don’t conform to the guidelines?
UNDERSTANDING KEYWORD RESEARCH
- What is keyword research?
- Why is keyword research important?
- How keyword research fits into a content plan
- The diverse ways of conducting keyword research
- Creating a keyword mapping plan
>>> 12:30 pm to 1:00 pm – Buffet lunch provided
- I hear ‘content is king’ – why?
- What do I need to know when writing content for my site
- When should you use a redirect?
- What you need to consider before you delete a page
- Understanding duplicate content issues
- What is on-page optimisation and why it is important
- Understanding search engine ranking factors
- What should you consider when optimising a page?
- How to optimise a page for a selected keyword
>>> 2:30 pm to 2:45 pm – Refreshment time
- What is off-page SEO?
- What are links and why they are important
- The basic science behind link building
- A discussion on some off-page SEO techniques
ASK ME ANY SEO RELATED QUESTION
>>> 4:00 pm – Finish
Between 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm, I’m always available for a chat if required.
All attendees will be provided with:
- A copy of all slides
- My local SEO guide (never been published)
- On-page optimisation checklist
- Website SEO audit checklist